The Bureau of Gender Affairs currently offers the following services to the general public:
- Conduct research on gender and related issues affecting the Dominican populace.
- Lobbying Policy and Law Reform
- Work hand in hand with Government departments and NGOs which share the goals and commitments of the Bureau of Gender Affairs
- Keep abreast of regional and global events and changes as pertains to gender and gender related issues
- Speak out against Domestic Violence Against Women
- Provide Public Education and Gender Sensitization Sessions and Workshops
- Mobilize and Empower Women and Men
- Facilitate Skills Training initiatives
- Counselling (women , men and families)
- Provide support to communities and community organizations
- Engage senior men and women in working and participating in community life
- Disseminate information on gender to the public
Accessing the services
Making a Report and or Request for Assistance
A report of abuse, request for assistance or counselling can be made by the affected individual/ victim or any other concerned individual on behalf of the affected individual or victim. Such a report can be made via telephone, email, mail or a visit to the Bureau’s office (the latter being the most effective method).